Spring is a wonderful time of year with cooler weather and beautiful colors waking up. It’s perfect for enjoying an extended run, especially on the trails! With that in mind, there are a few things you should consider for safety and performance. Consider these tips from the runners at Annabis!
- Check your shoes: If you track your distance, a good rule of thumb is to change your shoes every 300-500 miles. If you see excessive wear on the tread or compression lines on the sides of the shoe, this also can be a sign that it’s time to change them out.
- Layer up!: Spring can bring wildly varying temperatures. If you run in the morning it is quite cold when you start, but once the sun starts to rise the temperatures can increase very fast. Wear a few layers that you can take off and wrap around your waist as it gets hotter.
- Don’t forget Hydration: When it’s cooler and drier out, we don’t notice our sweat as much because it evaporates easier. But it’s still important to keep your fluid intake up as you will still be sweating. If you are going out longer than 4-5 miles, be sure to bring some water or sports drink!
- Loosen up!: With cooler temperatures, it’s even more important to warm up and loosen muscles before starting a vigorous activity. Try a dynamic stretch routine to accomplish both at the same time.
- Watch for nature: Nature presents a tremendous backdrop to your run, especially on a sunny day of trail running. But if it’s wet outside, a significant slip hazard, especially on roads and sidewalks can appear. Be careful where you step!
- Post workout recovery: Always cool down with a walk and follow up with some light stretching to avoid injuries and to help your body recover. Massage and enjoy your post-workout recovery with Annabis Active Movement Massage products to help soothe and relieve muscles, tendons, backs and necks after your run.
Lastly, be mindful during your run and make sure you enjoy every second. Happy running! Watch & learn more about Annabis: HERE
Your Annabis team